Season’s Greetings! Here’s your news for this week.
FIDE Chess World Championship Competition Gets Much Needed, but Strange, Update
– We aren’t sure what to say about this one…you’ll just have to see for yourself. Read more here, too.
The US Navy Gets a Logo Update
– Check out the cool anchor-carrying eagle.
Bitcoin Gets a Makeover as Currency Continues to Grow
– Proposed changes to the bitcoin logo and processing signs make it look a bit more professional.
Canadian Maple Syrup Federation Gets Modern
– A beautiful new maple syrup logo has been released for the Federation of farmers that works with the sticky goodness.
Mini Logo Goes Flat and Colorless – Again
– The Mini logo has gotten a minimalistic design…again.
Thorn, Company That Protects Children from Online Sexual Abuse, Gets a New Identity
– Non-profit company Thorn becomes a little less thorny in their design.
Vivienne Westwood Stops Cat Walks in Favor of Online Shows Instead
– To protect the environment, Vivienne Westwood has canceled their next catwalk show.
Machine That Extracts Water from Air Now Used in Humanitarian Efforts
– A machine that was designed to help the military stay hydrated in desert areas is now being used as a device of humanitarian aid.
Simple Design Can Help Others Understand Sexual Etiquette
– Familiar and easy-to-understand design is helping the idea intimacy become less taboo.
Just for Fun
Netflix Shows You Different Photos for Shows Based on Your Viewing History
– Netflix is using smart design to, well, target its audience.